February 15, 2020, 11:00 to 2:00
IMG Country Club, 4350 El Conquistador Pkwy, Bradenton
On February 14, 2020, the League of Women Voters will be 100 years young. It was formed just six months before women gained the right to vote. This significant event will provide an opportunity for us to recognize the past struggles for women’s right to vote, to celebrate our many successes, and continue our mission to promote an active citizenship and advocacy.
You will enjoy and be edified by:
• A chance to dress in period, or at least wear a hat!
• A reception with Suffrage and League of Women Voter history displays in the cash bar area.
• Carrie Catt, the founder of the League of Women Voters (cleverly disguised in the body of Kathryn Chesley) speaking about her experiences as leader of the largest suffrage organization and the process of establishing the League.
• A scrumptious luncheon and birthday cake.
• A Dynamite Speaker, Patricia Brigham, President of the League of Women Voters of Florida
• Post luncheon socializing with activities, historical displays, and more.
We are proud to announce that our featured speaker will be Patricia Brigham, President of the League of Women Voters of Florida.
A proven leader and coalition builder, Brigham joined the LWVFL state board in 2015 and elevated to the position of president in 2018.
She is a born communicator, having had a career in radio–working as a reporter, writer, and producer. During this time, her skill and accomplishments were recognized with several awards from media organizations, including American Women in Radio and Television and the Associated Press.
Bring your friends, your representatives, your groups. Come alone, come as a group, or reserve a table (8)… and have fun.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Tickets $35 , Table of 8 $280, “Votes for Women” sash $5 each