Leave No One’s Health Behind Event
Each year, on the 12th of December, the world celebrates Universal Health Care day to raise awareness of the need for strong and resilient health systems and universal health coverage. At least half the world’s population does not have access to essential health services. In the U.S. alone, approximately 28 million are uninsured which means they struggle both to obtain and pay for essential health care.
In September 2019, all UN Member States including the USA agreed to a Political Declaration on UHC. Now, UHC advocates such as LWV Manatee are taking their turn to send a message loud and clear to “Health for all – Protect Everyone”.
This year the League will be hosting a FREE Zoom Event on December 10th, 2021 from 1-3 PM.
- Manatee County Health Status Update – Dr Jennifer Bencie, Health Officer, Florida Dept of Health in MC
- Mental Health Matters, Too, Melissa Larkin-Skinner, Regional Chier Exec Officer, Centerstone
- Universal Health Coverage in Other Countries – Harriet Seiler, LWV Kentucky Health Committee
- Medicare for All Defined – Judy Esterquest, LWV New York Healthcare Committee & Healthcare Update Study Committee
- Healthy Living in Manatee – Runa Badal, Florida Dept of Health Manatee County
Plus, guided mediation after the break and goodie bags! The event is free. Participants will receive Goodie bags, but they are limited, so RSVP as soon as possible.
Can’t wait to see you there!