Pros and Cons – School 1 Mil Tax Referendum Renewal
Manatee voters approved a 1 mil tax increase for local schools in 2018. Should we vote to continue this tax?
On Tuesday, Nov. 2, a special election will be held on renewing a one-mill property tax for Manatee Schools. The school district has used these funds for 2 full years, so facts and figures are now available as to their purpose and results. In order to avoid the considerable cost of a special election in the future, and to increase voter participation, future renewals will be during Presidential elections.
- What was the need for these additional funds and how has the school district used them? What are the current needs?
- How are the funds accounted for and monitored?
- How did this extra funding improve student outcomes?
- Are there other sources to address these needs?
Get answers to these concerns and more.
- Cynthia Saunders, Superintendent of the School District of Manatee County
- Dr. Denise Davis-Cotton, Co-Chair of ForwardManatee (committee for the referendum renewal)
- Jack May, President of the Manatee Patriot Party
- Amanda Ballard, Attorney
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.