The overwhelming majority of Floridians think we should all have the freedom to make our own personal health care decisions without interference from politicians.
Despite that, politicians in Florida just signed the most extreme abortion ban in the nation. It bans abortion before most people even realize they are pregnant. Help put these decisions back in the hands of Florida families and their doctors, not extreme politicians. Join us in putting reproductive rights on the ballot. Sign and submit a petition. Spread the word. Help in gathering petitions, if you are able.
Contact the League of Women Voters of Manatee County – email@example.com or 941-779-4165.
The Petition Sponsor Floridians Protecting Freedom – Abortion on the Ballot!
Important Petition Information and Procedures:
- Volunteer petition gatherers must be US citizens.
- All petitions must be filled out by voters who are already registered in the state of Florida.
- Best practice is to fill out petitions in blue or black ink
- You should have a full text of the amendment with you. If you have a clipboard, tape it to the back.
- All petitions should be checked to ensure that the petition is complete and legible. If not, have them do it again and rip up the old one.
- Ripped, damaged, or illegible petitions are not accepted.
- If the petitioner is unclear about any information such as the exact name they registered in, the name, address, .and voting status can be checked at the Florida Voter Lookup
- All petitions must be submitted within one week, either by mail, or to a collection hub. Submit them immediately if you can. We cannot afford to lose one petition.
- If you are dropping the petitions at a collection hub, please complete the petition Intake Form and return it and the signed petitions to your local hub (hub information below).
- You may mail the petitions directly to the address on the petition, along with the completed Intake Form. With one first class stamp you can submit up to 4 petitions and one Intake Form. Individuals mailing their petition in do not need to submit an Intake Form.
- Intake forms can be submitted, with the petitions, to a hub or mailed. DO NOT staple. The form asks for the organization the petitions are associated with clearly written in. You may put in the League of Women Voters of Manatee County, unless you are gathering for another organization. If the volunteer does not complete, the hub will be responsible for completing this step.
- Common mistakes to check for: Make sure it is county and not country. Make sure they did not put FL in the zip slot and the zip in the county slot. It should be their home address, not their mailing address (no PO Boxes)
Collected petitions are like gold, make sure they are accurate and taken to a hub or mailed to the address on the petition.
Instruction, forms and hub information
- Instructions from the petition sponsor
- Constitutional Amendment Full Text
- Petition (must be printed, filled out and signed)
- Cover Sheet for submission to Hub
- Manatee Hub Location and Hours. The hub not only takes in completed petitions but has blank printed petitions and cover sheets to –
- Manatee Unitarian Universalist Fellowship, 322 15th St W, Bradenton, FL 34205
- Tuesday and Thursday, 10AM-12PM
- Other Florida Hub Locations and Hours