Don’t let the name fool you. EVERYONE is welcome to join!
Find your niche in the League
The League of Women Voters is a community of civic-minded people who find pragmatic solutions to the problems of our time. We are not a single issue organization. From our inception, we have taken on issues that affect the well being of families and promote good governance.
In doing so, our members gain meaningful, purposeful connections and friendships and in the process acquire social identity, legitimacy and respect.
You’ll be able to mingle and learn at our social mixers and meetings, as well as discuss and expand your thinking at our book group. Staying up to date with our activities. Watch for our email announcements and postings on our social media.
Why the League Matters
The League is working to strengthen our democracy and our communities. Join the League of Women Voters and be part of an organization that is:
• Empowering millions of voters to exercise their right to vote by holding voter registration drives, sponsoring candidate forums and debates, and educating the public about their rights on Election Day.
• Protecting the right to vote against threats and ensuring that every vote is counted by fighting for and implementing voting systems that are free, fair and accessible.
• Advocating for positive change at the local, state and national level on issues such as education, health, environment, government accountability and money in politics.
• Fostering civil dialogue about important community issues, such as government spending, climate change, immigration and civil liberties.
Why Join the League?
Your membership in the League of Women Voters of Manatee County automatically makes you a member of the State and National Leagues. You can attend events at the member rate.
Our members stay informed on the issues through our educational programs such as Hot Topics luncheons, Candidate Forums, Education Workshops, etc. where community leaders examine all sides of important issues facing our community, state, and nation.
Join our network of dedicated volunteers across the nation. Membership is:
• Open to women and men.
• Filled with benefits, including opportunities to learn and lead, shape issues important to you and your family, and become part of a larger network across the country.
• Fun and personally fulfilling!