Make a difference. Be an influencer, Participate in government. Let your elected officials hear from you! Write a letter to the editor – often! Post it to your Facebook page.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR INFORMATION
(300 word limit/ 2 letters per month)
1111 Third Ave W
Bradenton, FL 34205
(200 word limit/ 1 letter per month)
Mail: Letters Editor
PO Box 1719
Sarasota FL 34230
CONTACT INFORMATION FOR ELECTED OFFICIALS
To download the names, address, emails of elected officials, click here: Citizens Guide to Elected Officials
For complete information on contacting Manatee County Commissioners, Click Here
ADVICE ON CONTACTING YOUR LEGISLATOR
- State your purpose for writing in the first sentence of your correspondence.
- Be courteous and polite, even if you disagree strongly with the Commissioner.
- If appropriate, include personal information about why the issue matters to you.
- Cover only one issue per email or letter. If you have another issue to address, please write another message. Back up your opinions with supporting facts.
- Tell what effect you think a particular issue will have on you, your children, business or community. Be concise but specific.
- Suggest a course of action and offer assistance. Never make promises or threats.