Make a difference. Be an influencer, Participate in government. Let your elected officials hear from you! Write a letter to the editor – often! Post it to your Facebook page.
(300 word limit/ 2 letters per month)
1111 Third Ave W
Bradenton, FL 34205
(200 word limit/ 1 letter per month)
Mail: Letters Editor
PO Box 1719
Sarasota FL 34230
405 26 Ave, Bradenton, FL 34205
Phone or write your representatives on issues important to you.
The information you need, phone numbers and addresses are here:
- For the League of Women Voters of Manatee County Citizen’s Spreadsheet with Elected Officials (which includes names, addresses, telephone numbers and emails), Click Here
Commissioner contact information is in the county tab, highlighted in yellow
School Board contact information is in the county tab, highlighted in blue
- For a spreadsheet with the contact information for all the Florida state Representatives and Senators, Click Here
ADVICE ON CONTACTING YOUR LEGISLATOR
- State your purpose for writing in the first sentence of your correspondence.
- Be courteous and polite, even if you disagree strongly with the Commissioner.
- If appropriate, include personal information about why the issue matters to you.
- Cover only one issue per email or letter. If you have another issue to address, please write another message. Back up your opinions with supporting facts.
- Tell what effect you think a particular issue will have on you, your children, business or community. Be concise but specific.
- Suggest a course of action and offer assistance. Never make promises or threats.
CITIZEN INITIATIVE INFORMATION
Want to understand the Florida Citizen initiative process to get a constitutional amendment on the ballot? Click Here