The League of Women Voters of Florida supports state legislation for energy conservation and greater use of renewable sources like solar energy. The League supports policies that promote conservation of fresh water and its availability for environmental, public, agricultural, industrial, and mining uses on a priority basis. LWVFL also supports legislation to ban oil and gas drilling off Florida’s coast, as well as funding for public transportation. The league supports renewable energy and clean cars.
Florida LWV Key issues include:
• Fund Florida Forever of the Water and Land Legacy Act/Protect our state parks
• Ban “fracking” in Florida
• Restore and protect our water and aquifers
• Promote renewable energy and sustainability
Manatee LWV key issues include:
• Protect the health and environment from the impacts of phosphate mining
• Establish permanent funding for acquisition of sensitive natural places when they become available.
Join the Environment Committee? Contact Co-Chairs