Election Reform is a top legislative priority. The Florida League’s goals are:
• Support automatic registration (opt-out system), same day voter registration, and improved on line voter registration.
• Extend deadlines for signature cures, recounts and post mark delays caused by the postal service. Support a standardized ballot design and state funding for hardware and software to improve the recount process in close elections.
• Support home rule for counties and municipalities and oppose any preemptive legislation to counter home rule.
• Support statewide use of an Open Primary election system that allows for the broadest possible voter participation.
• Support congressional districts and government legislative bodies be apportioned substantially on population. We oppose partisan and racial gerrymandering that strips rights away from voters.
• Support the election of the President and Vice President by direct popular vote via the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact.