Election Reform is a top legislative priority. The Florida League’s goals are:
• Support automatic registration (opt-out system), same day voter registration, and improved on line voter registration.
• Extend deadlines for signature cures, recounts and post mark delays caused by the postal service. Support a standardized ballot design and state funding for hardware and software to improve the recount process in close elections.
• Support home rule for counties and municipalities and oppose any preemptive legislation to counter home rule.
• Support statewide use of an Open Primary election system that allows for the broadest possible voter participation.
• Support congressional districts and government legislative bodies be apportioned substantially on population. We oppose partisan and racial gerrymandering that strips rights away from voters.
• Support the election of the President and Vice President by direct popular vote via the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact.
Join the Voter Services Committee? Want to help with voter registration? Please Contact Carolyn Sheets, (305) 619-4416, email@example.com