The League supports Florida’s constitutional requirement to make adequate provision for the education of all children that is ‘uniform, efficient, safe, secure and high quality’.
• Constitutionality of direct and indirect funding to support private schools.
• Impact of testing and school grade policies on teaching, learning and curriculum.
• Impact of school choice on school racial and economic segregation and local control of education policy.
• Promote adequate funding and scholastic improvements to public schools in Manatee County.
• Encourage school efforts to achieve grade-level literacy.
• Encourage growth of higher education in Manatee County and funding for low income students.
• Hold programs on educational issues and take part in collaborative efforts.
Handout Materials from the February 2020 Hot Topics presentation on Charter School Accountability
Reference materials on charter schools https://lwvmanatee.org/charter-schools-references-of-interest/
Statistics and ratings on Manatee County charter schools Click Here