The LWV Health Committee would like to highlight some local Covid19 information.
The League of Women Voters of Florida supports:
- Medicaid Expansion to provide access to health insurance for low-income Floridians. To see study on 2,800unnecessary deaths in Florida, Click Here
- Expanding oral health services to include dental therapists as providers.
- The Affordable Care Act (ACA) including Medicaid Expansion to improve access to affordable comprehensive health insurance for all Floridaresidents.
- Access to substance abuse, and mental health services for all Floridians
- Adequate care and needed family support for those with developmental and physical disabilities.
- Every woman’s right to access affordable, high-quality reproductive health care, including access to abortion services and birth control. Public policy in a pluralistic society must affirm the constitutional right to privacy of the individual to make reproductive choices.
Treating reproductive rights — including access to abortion — as a healthcare issue decidable by a woman and her qualified healthcare provider
Comprehensive sex education in schools to prevent unintended pregnancy, including increased access to publicly-funded family planning services & information on sexually transmitted diseases and birth control
Collaboration with 50+ organizations in the Floridians for Reproductive Freedom coalition in opposition to current or proposed restrictions on birth control and/or abortion
Join the Health Care Committee? Contact Co-Chairs Patricia Korn, (714) 272-8956, or Ruth Harenchar, (347) 563-7377, firstname.lastname@example.org
LWV FL Health Care